As a Senior Oil Terminal Optimization Analyst with Trans Mountain, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a progressive and fast-paced group of experts in the Shipper Services department. This position is based in our Calgary office.
This analyst will be responsible for supporting business development opportunities that relate to the expansion and optimization of Trans Mountain’s pipeline system. The successful candidate will work closely with the pipeline scheduling group providing support with procedures, training, and software development/improvements, and assist with management reporting, facility planning, business development, and pipeline/terminal scheduling.
- As a qualified Pipeline Scheduler, be able to create efficient and effective petroleum transportation schedules while minimizing operating cost and risk and maximize incentive performance for pipeline systems and tank farms. Provide support to the scheduling team, on an ongoing as-needed basis.
- Assist leadership in the identification and analysis of new services and facilities that will enhance our service delivery and company revenue.
- Review and propose changes to facility designs to ensure fit for purpose and functionality as they relate to Shipper Services areas of responsibility and Trans Mountain commitments.
- Through operational data analysis, recommend changes that will drive cost efficiencies, increase facility functionality, operational efficiency and flexibility.
- Utilize operational data to evaluate terminal operations and connectivity, assess business opportunities and asset efficiencies (i.e. utilization of flow meters and transfer lines, tank turns, etc.).
- Monitor projects from concept through to implementation to ensure that business and commercial needs are exceeded, including meeting Trans Mountains obligations.
- Pro-actively identify and manage any business impacts to the scheduling practice (ex. IT updates, required training, change in procedures).
- Represent Shipper Service’s interests and provide guidance to operations and engineering in regards to outages driven by large projects that impact throughput and oil movement within the terminals and Trans Mountain’s pipelines.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of long-term planning for interconnections and terminal facilities and support the long-term outage planning process.
- Responsible for overall consistency of pipeline / terminal scheduling procedures and the coordination of the schedulers content input.
- Identify software improvements and/or deficiencies to software developers, test resultant changes, and coordinate implementation of changes to scheduling manuals and procedures.
- Create and facilitate scheduler training for any/all operational and technical changes.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Successful completion of Technical Diploma or Certificate in Power Engineering, Engineering or Logistics.
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in the Oil industry in a refinery/petrochemical or pipeline/terminal; operating, scheduling, or facility planning.
- Familiarity with common pipeline and terminal components, how they operate, and an understanding of liquid hydraulics is considered an asset.
- Strong qualitative analytical skills with advanced proficiency with MicrosoftExcel and operations or pipeline scheduling software.
- Knowledge of pipeline scheduling and logistics including nominations/allocation will be considered a definite asset.
- Must have advanced technical writing skills.
- Proven outstanding interpersonal, leadership, communication, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and innovation with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and deliver under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Must be a problem solver with demonstrated decision making ability.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders.
We Build Careers and Pipelines That Last
Our story is about determination, resourcefulness and resilience. It’s about charting our own course, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems and doing the right thing. It was true when Trans Mountain became a company in 1951 and it’s just as true today. We welcome new members to our team that embrace the qualities in our story, that thrive on the new path and directions we take. Our culture is one of care and taking our responsibilities seriously. If you would like to contribute to our culture, then join our journey.
A Rewarding Opportunity. We offer:
- A competitive compensation program.
- A flexible benefits package.
- A pension and a savings plan.
In keeping with Trans Mountain’s commitment to maximize benefits for communities, priority will be given to qualified candidates from Indigenous, local and regional communities along the Trans Mountain existing, and expansion, pipeline corridor.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The diverse viewpoints and cultural knowledge that our employees bring to work enrich our organization’s collective cultural understanding, which is reflected in the work we do every day. Trans Mountain welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Click here to apply