As a Senior Administrative Assistant, Information Technology with Trans Mountain, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a progressive and fast-paced group of experts in the Information Technology department. This position is based in our Calgary Head office.
This position requires a strong understanding of how a highly functioning business office should run, including Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) best practices, policies, and procedures. Success in this position includes effective management of senior administrative responsibilities and processes as well as office management, assuring collaboration for budgeting, procurement activities, coordinating activities that assures alignment between the IT leadership team. It requires significant knowledge of various practices and the complexities in an evolving organizational structure, as well as a comprehensive understanding of the Chief Technology Officer’s (CTO) priorities, portfolio and commitments.
- Provide administrative assistance to the CTO and Directors including assistance on special projects, ad hoc research/requests; follow up on outstanding items, attending meetings if required, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the CTO and IS&T team including meeting preparation and logistics, taking minutes, copying, mail, couriers, maintaining stationery supplies, vendor invoice coding, administration and transaction coding, contract administration and tracking.
- Supports CTO with tracking and coordinating budgets and quarterly reviews, IT operational progress review to key stakeholders, reconciling expense reports, tracking and reconciliation of all costs and variances from operating budget and forecast, AP coding invoices.
- Coordination of IT staff during on-boarding and off-boarding including working with facilities for office space planning, preparation for requisition (bid waivers) for contingent resources.
- Effective administrative support, including preparation of accurate documentation and preparation for the CTO within senior forums and meetings (SMC & Board).
- Provides administrative support to the IT Emergency Response Team and IT Change Control Team.
- Assist with internal and external communication on behalf of the IT department. Act as an initial point of contact for CTO and internal staff.
- Develop and design through the use of analytics and reporting for various functions within IT.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- A post-secondary certificate/degree/diploma in Business Administration and a minimum of 8 years’ experience, including a demonstrated ability to support the IS&T team.
- Previous experience in administrative support positions for senior-level roles and/or has worked as an executive assistant to a senior leader (AVP/VP) of a large, multi-faceted private sector company or not-for-profit organization.
- Direct experience with large ERP systems such Microsoft D365, Oracle, SAP or PeopleSoft and familiarity with IT terminology (Information Technology Infrastructure Library [ITIL]/IT Service Management [ITSM]) is considered an asset.
- Experience with procurement and supply chain lifecycle.
- Some experience in report writing would be an asset.
- Understanding of CAPEX and OPEX budgeting required.
- Ability to assist with IS&T leadership team in different capacities.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS SharePoint.
- Ability to act decisively and to exercise a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to work independently and yet be a dedicated and committed team player.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, and professionalism, and exercise discretion in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential materials.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize work and meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple stakeholders, responsibilities and projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Critical thinking and analytical ability.
We Build Careers and Pipelines That Last
Our story is about determination, resourcefulness and resilience. It’s about charting our own course, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems and doing the right thing. It was true when Trans Mountain became a company in 1951 and it’s just as true today. We welcome new members to our team that embrace the qualities in our story, that thrive on the new path and directions we take. Our culture is one of care and taking our responsibilities seriously. If you would like to contribute to our culture, then join our journey.
A Rewarding Opportunity. We offer:
- A competitive compensation program.
- A flexible benefits package.
- A pension and a savings plan.
In keeping with Trans Mountain’s commitment to maximize benefits for communities, priority will be given to qualified candidates from Indigenous, local and regional communities along the Trans Mountain existing, and expansion, pipeline corridor.
In Alberta, the existing pipeline system spans the traditional territories of Treaty 6, 7 and 8, and the Métis Nation of Alberta (Zone 4).
In British Columbia, the system crosses the traditional territories of numerous First Nations that are affiliated with the Secwepemc, Dakelh (Carrier), Nlaka'pamux, Syilx/Okanagan, Interior and Coast Salish, Stó:lo, as well as the Métis.
Trans Mountain also operates through 15 First Nation Reserves located within the region spanning the BC interior through Fraser Valley.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The diverse viewpoints and cultural knowledge that our employees bring to work enrich our organization’s collective cultural understanding, which is reflected in the work we do every day. Trans Mountain welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Click to Apply