Inspection, local operation and routine maintenance of facility equipment and equipment systems is carried out by Field Operating Technicians following approved Company operating procedures and standards. Field Operating Technicians also provide oversight of contractors and other personnel to ensure that maintenance and project activities occurring at facilities are performed in accordance with approved EHS standards.
- Locally operate pumps, valves, pipeline pigging systems and other facility equipment in consultation with the Control Centre Operator (CCO). Responsibilities specific to dock facilities includes operation of equipment related to transfer of liquid petroleum and jet fuel to and from marine vessels. Responsibilities specific to Terminal facilities includes performing product quality and measurement analysis, tank gauging, and sample collection
- Recognize and effectively respond to abnormal operating conditions.
- Conduct equipment and equipment system inspections and routine maintenance; prepare equipment for maintenance activities as required. Prepares work orders for maintenance techs.
- Analyze, interpret and utilize graphic and other information contained in SCADA displays, P&ID drawings and valve numbering diagrams.
- Obtain and maintain job qualifications by successfully completing all assigned training following established protocols.
- Provide oversight of contractors and other personnel to ensure that maintenance and project activities occurring at facilities are performed in accordance with approved EHS standards
- Provide periodic review and input related to Trans Mountain operational documentation including job plans, operating manuals and drawings.
- Effective participation in Emergency Management program.
- High School completion
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in related field
- Power Engineering certification and a Diploma in Engineering Technology (i.e. Petroleum, Mechanical) would be preferred
- Basic mechanical, electrical and instrumentation knowledge as applied to industrial process systems is required
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, capable of performing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle strict deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
We Build Careers and Pipelines That Last
Our story is about determination, resourcefulness and resilience. It’s about charting our own course, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems and doing the right thing. It was true when Trans Mountain became a company in 1951 and it’s just as true today. We welcome new members to our team that embrace the qualities in our story, that thrive on the new path and directions we take. Our culture is one of care and taking our responsibilities seriously. If you would like to contribute to our culture, then join our journey.
A Rewarding Opportunity. We offer:
- A competitive compensation program.
- A flexible benefit package.
- A pension and a savings plan.
In keeping with Trans Mountain’s commitment to maximize benefits for communities, priority will be given to qualified candidates from Indigenous, local and regional communities along the Trans Mountain existing, and expansion, pipeline corridor.
Stay in touch! Please find more exciting opportunities on our website, our LinkedIn page and on Indeed.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The diverse viewpoints and cultural knowledge that our employees bring to work enrich our organization’s collective cultural understanding, which is reflected in the work we do every day. Trans Mountain welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Click to Apply