Civeo is a global workforce accommodation specialist that helps people maintain healthy, productive and connected lives while living and working away from home. Our unique approach focuses on guest wellbeing, operational efficiency, community building and a property development mindset - making us a leading provider of accommodation solutions.
Civeo Premium Services Employees LP is looking to fill Second Cook positions at our 5A lodge located in Merritt, BC. The successful candidate will assist the First Cook including meal preparation, kitchen maintenance and cleaning, maintain inventory, safety and teamwork. Reporting to the designated supervisor, the successful candidate will work a 20 days on and 10 days off rotation, which may include days, nights, weekend shifts, and statutory holidays.
- Providing support to the First Cook, the Cook will prepare and cook menu items as they are received in accordance with established menu specifications.
- Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly cleaning lists are completed.
- Ensure food quality, food safety and service standards are met and maintained daily.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures by following company Safe Work Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Rotates fruits, vegetables and other groceries using the First In First Out method (FIFO)
- Assists with inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- 2-4 years of culinary experience working in a high volume kitchen, preferably in a remote lodge environment
- Interprovincial Red Seal Cook Certification is preferred.
- Food Safety certification valid in the province of British Columbia is required. Advanced Food Safety (level 2) certification is preferred.
- Journeyman Cook certification is an asset.
- First Aid certification is an asset.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, pull, push, and place objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Civeo Premium Services Employees LP is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. To apply, please visit http://www.civeo.com/people-careers/