The IT Senior Business Advisor will work closely with Burnaby and Westridge (B&W) terminal to provide oversight for services, technology, and processes that support this area. This role is critical in the management and oversight of the B&W Marine Terminal Management system roll out and implementation and will be an important resource for Organizational Change Management (OCM) in the company. There is an option for this position to be based at our Burnaby & Westridge Terminal in Burnaby or Calgary Head Office.
- Document business and data requirements and business processes such as process maps that includes swim lanes and functional requirements
- Work with existing Trans Mountain OCM to apply the OCM framework to initiatives within Marine and Terminals, including change plans, hands-on application, training and informal coaching activities
- Support integration and application of OCM on project initiatives
- Delivery of various technology solutions within Marine and Terminals
- Provide guidance and direction to Project Managers
- Identify areas of acceptance risk on projects and develop and execute plans to mitigate these risks
- Develop and manage change plans to address identified business and operational needs. Change management KPIs should be discussed and agreed with change sponsors and key business and operations managers
- Work in conjunction with other OCM resources to assure alignment and delivery methodology, implement change management, and mentor change agents
- Ensure technological solutions adequately support business and operational needs and processes at the B&W terminals
- Support the Westridge main control room for all technology requirements
- Continuous improvement and management of Marine Terminal Management System and other technology solutions that support the business functions of the B&W terminals
- Identify current and future technology/digital opportunities that drive efficiencies and safety of Marine operations
- Quality assurance workflows for new and updated systems
- Identify and assist with development and delivery of learning/training for system users
- Articulate and implement strategic vision in line with IT, Shipper Services, and Marine
- Data and analytics report of Marine operations, including KPIs and general statistics. Work closely with BI integration and data management team
- Work with stakeholders to ensure new and business needs are being met
- Identify areas that require attention and budgeting and planning for upgrades/updates
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field would be required
- Successful completion of a Master’s Degree in a related field of study, would be highly desirable.
- Ideation and development of digital products for the marine industry would be an asset.
- Knowledge of marine operations and commercial shipping practices would be an asset.
- Experience in successfully planning and executing projects.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of project professionals.
- Experience in developing detail processes and functional needs.
- Coordinate and validate requirements that extend across functional business teams
- Certification and/or training in Organizational Change Management (OCM) methodology is preferred by not required.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong communication and ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems and make sound decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
- Relationship development and management
- Experience with developing and applying OCM strategies, plans and activities
We Build Careers and Pipelines That Last
Our story is about determination, resourcefulness and resilience. It’s about charting our own course, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems and doing the right thing. It was true when Trans Mountain became a company in 1951 and it’s just as true today. We welcome new members to our team that embrace the qualities in our story, that thrive on the new path and directions we take. Our culture is one of care and taking our responsibilities seriously. If you would like to contribute to our culture, then join our journey.
A Rewarding Opportunity. We offer:
- A competitive compensation program.
- A flexible benefit package.
- A pension and a savings plan.
In keeping with Trans Mountain’s commitment to maximize benefits for communities, priority will be given to qualified candidates from Indigenous, local and regional communities along the Trans Mountain existing, and expansion, pipeline corridor.
In Alberta, the existing pipeline system spans the traditional territories of Treaty 6, 7 and 8, and the Métis Nation of Alberta (Zone 4).
In British Columbia, the system crosses the traditional territories of numerous First Nations that are affiliated with the Secwepemc, Dakelh (Carrier), Nlaka'pamux, Syilx/Okanagan, Interior and Coast Salish, Stó:lo, as well as the Métis.
Trans Mountain also operates through 15 First Nation Reserves located within the region spanning the BC interior through Fraser Valley.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The diverse viewpoints and cultural knowledge that our employees bring to work enrich our organization’s collective cultural understanding, which is reflected in the work we do every day. Trans Mountain welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Click to Apply