Responsible for ensuring effective functioning of the field operations of the pipeline integrity program for Trans Mountain Pipeline (TMPL) and Puget Sound. The position plays a central role in the completion of field portion of the Trans Mountain Pipeline integrity program. Trans Mountain Pipeline Maintenance Technicians perform both pipeline maintenance operational work and inspection duties.
- Oversee hot work activities including pipe replacements, hot tapping, stoppling and in line inspections. Provides oversight of contractors performing anomaly digs and other ground disturbance activities on or near right of way’s to ensure compliance with all applicable standards, procedures and regulations.
- Provides oversight of Trans Mountain right of way vegetation management program (RoW clearing and signage program).
- Operation of commercial vehicles over 11,000kgs gross vehicle weight and heavy equipment (dozers, excavators, rubber tire hoe). Ensures all equipment is in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Oversees civil construction activities (excavation, compaction, backfilling, water handling and rip rap armor construction)
- Perform In-Service, Production, and Fabrication welding activity
- Coordinates civil construction activities for Cathodic Protection asset installation.
- Coordinates facility and ground maintenance activities including grounds maintenance and snow removal.
- Provides emergency response capabilities to right of way locations.
- High School completion
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in related field
- Class 1 Driver’s License, Operation of Heavy Equipment certification, and Journeymen Crane Operation certification is preferred.
- Alberta Grade B Pressure Welder Certificate of Competency or Technical Safety BC Pressure Welder Certificate of Recognition considered an asset
- NACE Coating Inspector I certification would be preferred.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, capable of performing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle strict deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
We Build Careers and Pipelines That Last
Our story is about determination, resourcefulness and resilience. It’s about charting our own course, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems and doing the right thing. It was true when Trans Mountain became a company in 1951 and it’s just as true today. We welcome new members to our team that embrace the qualities in our story, that thrive on the new path and directions we take. Our culture is one of care and taking our responsibilities seriously. If you would like to contribute to our culture, then join our journey.
A Rewarding Opportunity. We offer:
- A competitive compensation program.
- A flexible benefit package.
- A pension and a savings plan.
In keeping with Trans Mountain’s commitment to maximize benefits for communities, priority will be given to qualified candidates from Indigenous, local and regional communities along the Trans Mountain existing, and expansion, pipeline corridor.
Stay in touch! Please find more exciting opportunities on our website, our LinkedIn page and on Indeed.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The diverse viewpoints and cultural knowledge that our employees bring to work enrich our organization’s collective cultural understanding, which is reflected in the work we do every day. Trans Mountain welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Click here to apply