WHO ARE WE:
Located in the beautiful North Thompson valley, at Simpcw Resources Group we provide environmental, management, and operational services while preserving Simpcw culture and heritage with respect towards the environment. Our goals include creating economic growth from the commercial development of natural resources within the Simpcw'ulécw (Simpcw Territory) by being the major contractor and competing for work in both the public and private sectors.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
The project requires experienced Labourer, Skilled working in the pipeline industry. You are self-motivated and you make Safety a top priority and ensure that each work site is a safe, clean space. You work well with others, enjoy working lots of hours and likes to be physically active doing various types of pipeline work.
The position is working on projects around the Jasper, AB area and will require travel to the territory for work.
WHAT YOU DO?
Complete specific labour related tasks based on client requirements such as:
- Hand digging and trimming, hand clearing.
- Support work for all drilling and blasting.
- Handling of skids, handling winch lines and hooks, handling pipe slings, handling of sandbags and padding and other miscellaneous work.
- Communicate work progress and safety performance to the site supervision.
- Maintain all equipment and tools in good and safe working condition and report any findings to lead-hand.
- Participate in daily toolbox talks and takes active role in the client driven health and safety program.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Have a minimum of 1 to 2 years' pipeline construction experience.
- Able to perform physically demanding tasks as needed.
- Possess and maintain a clean driver's abstract and valid full-driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
- Certified in the following training requirements or willing and able to obtain the following:
- PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training),
- First Aid Level C with CPR,
- H2S Alive and Ground Disturbance Level 2 certificates.
- Does work with little supervision, works in a safe and positive team environment.
- Able to perform physically demanding tasks and stand for extended periods of time
- Able to lift 50 lbs. regularly
- Experience and/or certified operating skid steer is an asset
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Note: Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing will be required
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Thank you for your interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry as per Canada’s Human Rights Act and legislation surrounding Employment Equity.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: ID#RCTV –21002 Labourer – Skilled.