Civeo is a global workforce accommodation specialist that helps people maintain healthy, productive and connected lives while living and working away from home. Our unique approach focuses on guest wellbeing, operational efficiency, community building and a property development mindset - making us a leading provider of accommodation solutions.
Civeo Premium Services Employees LP is recruiting for a Janitor/Utility Worker at our 5A lodge located in Merritt, BC. Reporting to the designated Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall cleanliness of the facility and will work a 20 days on and 10 days off rotation, which may include days, nights, weekend shifts, and statutory holidays.
- Removes debris and maintains cleanliness of the overall site and surrounding area
- Scrubs boot room/entrance way to remove dirt and washes boot trays, overhead racks, splash guards, doors (inside and out), windows, curtains, ceiling and walls
- Removes garbage in all housekeeping and public areas, sort into recycle or disposal bins, and disinfects containers
- Empties outdoor ashtrays daily
- Assist in stocking linen and supplies in dorms.
- Ensure work area is safe from hazards
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures by following Company safe work practices and standard operating procedures
- Report any damage, theft and abandoned articles to the Supervisor
- Keep all janitorial rooms clean and ensure chemicals are stored correctly.
- Complete special projects and all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Previous experience in a janitorial position preferred
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable 5 year driving abstract may be required
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Current, valid First Aid certification is an asset
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, pull, push, and place objects away weighing up to 50 lbs
- Must successfully pass site access Alcohol and Drugs test, which is arranged by the company
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Flexibility and adaptability
Civeo Premium Services Employees LP is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. To apply, please visit http://www.civeo.com/people-careers/