Civeo is a global workforce accommodation specialist that helps people maintain healthy, productive and connected lives while living and working away from home. Our unique approach focuses on guest wellbeing, operational efficiency, community building and a property development mindset - making us a leading provider of accommodation solutions.
Civeo Premium Services Employees LP is looking to fill First Cook positions at our 5A lodge located in Merritt, BC. The successful candidate will cook a wide variety of foods, develop meal plans, inventory and grocery orders, provide direction to kitchen staff, and ensure the highest quality of food and baking possible. Duties will include meal preparation, supervisory tasks, inventory, administrative tasks, safety and teamwork. First Cooks are expected to be leaders, team players and examples of excellence. Reporting to the designated supervisor, the successful candidate will work a 20 days on and 10 days off rotation, which may include days, nights, weekend shifts, and statutory holidays.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and organizes the culinary team in the preparation of food items and task assignments
- Assist with menu ordering, inventory, and daily production planning
- Preparation and production of menu items
- Ensure daily production levels are met
- Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly cleaning lists are completed
- Ensure food quality, food safety and service standards are met and maintained daily
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures by following company Safe Work Practices and Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3-5+ years food service experience, preferably in a remote environment.
- Food Safety certification valid in the province of British Columbia is required. Advanced Food Safety (level 2) certification is preferred.
- First Aid Certification is an asset.
- Red Seal Cook Certification is required.
- Proven leadership, organizational and time management skills in an industrial kitchen environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
Civeo Premium Services Employees LP is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. To apply, please visit http://www.civeo.com/people-careers/