Reporting to the Asset Manager, the Purchaser is responsible for performing a variety of tasks that support operations and various projects and needs, including but not limited to communicating and working with project managers and departments to determine asset needs including coordinating and processing orders of raw materials and equipment.
- Communicate and work with project managers and departments to determine asset needs.
- Communicate and negotiate with manufacturers, suppliers, vendors, and retailers.
- Supervise and organize orders of raw materials and equipment.
- Coordinate maintenance of vehicles and equipment including record keeping and maintenance tracking.
- Coordinate and monitor operations of the supply chain.
- Track final product shipments, costs, and timelines according to requirements.
- Resolve shipment and inventory issues.
- Prepare accurate reports according to the expectations of upper management.
- Analyze data and suggest modifications and improvements accordingly.
- Adhere to all safety Standards, regulations, laws, and policies.
- Procurement and acquisition of equipment and fleet vehicles as per capital budget.
- Coordinating and executing Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Management of GPS tracking software in fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Maintaining up to date maintenance records of fleet vehicles and assets.
- Management and coordination of company’s vehicle and company assets insurance policies.
- Disposal of older equipment, fleet vehicles and other assets.
- Coordination and purchasing of office furniture and technical needs for all offices.
- Managing and tracking of company fuel cards
- Setting up vendor accounts and working with accounts payable to ensure that accounts are in good standing.
- Minimum class 7 “N” Driver’s license (abstract required)
- Experience driving a trailer.
- Experience in supply chain management preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the Simpcw First Nations community is valued.
What we offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Positive and collaborative team
- Meaningful work
Note: Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing may be required.
Thank you for your interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry as per
Canada’s Human Rights Act and legislation surrounding Employment Equity.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to Careers@SimpcwResourcesGroup.com