Located in the North Thompson valley, at Simpcw Resources Group we provide environmental, management, and operational services while preserving Simpcw culture and heritage with respect towards the environment. Our goals include creating economic growth from the commercial development of natural resources within the Simpcw'ulécw (Simpcw Territory) by being the major contractor and competing for work in both the public and private sectors.
Simpcw Resources LLP is growing rapidly and looking for a dependable and enthusiastic Pipeline Maintenance Manager to join our team. Reporting to the COO, the Pipeline Maintenance Manager will oversee the planning and daily task execution by defining comprehensive action plans including resources, timeframes, and budgets for projects. They will provide operational oversight to assist with senior managements strategic planning and leadership to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee project activities, resources, equipment, and information with the intent of ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and within the quality standards.
- Liaise with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Work with client representatives to ensure client satisfaction is achieved. Work collaboratively on a variety of initiatives to drive continual improvement. Address client concerns and ensure solutions are implemented in a timely manor.
- Develop plans to meet client deliverables, facilitate project changes based on client needs, assign project personnel for on-site direction.
- Stay up to date with industry regulations, safety standards, and environmental guidelines related to pipeline maintenance activities with particular attention paid to “CSA-Z662: Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems”. Ensure that all maintenance activities are conducted in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Direct and coordinate scheduling and maintenance activities (internal personnel and subcontractors) with an aim at efficient operation and overall risk reduction.
- Be the key interface with Senior Management to provide operational insight with the intent of supporting strategic planning and budgeting.
- Ensuring safety goals are tracked and adhered to, including collaborating in the development & revision of safe job procedures.
- General oversight of subcontractors’, including invoice review, ensuring proper cost allocation, accuracy, and prompt billing to the client.
- Task delegation, general oversight, and performance management, internally and externally
- Mentor employees in the execution of their duties with the goal of in-house advancement.
- Review all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreements).
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure project success and team performance. Regularly analyze data and provide actionable insights for continuous improvement.
- Oversee general project procurement, allocating certain aspects to the project coordinator.
- Direct and coordinate environmental, cultural, heritage, archeological, forestry, pipeline maintenance, and regulatory permitting for project work, as required.
- Development and implementation of department risk reduction strategies, monitor for effectiveness.
- Resource and budget reports for clients, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field (engineering, construction management, environment etc.) OR 10 years equivalent practical experience.
- Proven track record of at least 10 years mid-stream oil and gas experience with a focus on pipeline maintenance and/or operations activities, with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory or managerial role.
- In-depth knowledge of pipeline systems, integrity management programs, regulatory requirements, and CSA-Z662: Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems Standard.
- Proven strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop teams with varying technical backgrounds.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Highly proficient (with the ability to demonstrate competency) in the following programs: MS Project, Blubeam, Heavybid, Microsoft Office and Eclipse Explorer (or similar project management/accounting software).
- Demonstrated budget management and resource allocation experience.
- Strong analytical skills to assess performance data and identify areas for improvement.
- Demonstrated proficiency in contract management, assessment and negotiation.
- Professional certifications related to pipeline maintenance considered an asset (P.Eng, RPBio, PMP etc.)
- Experience working with First Nations people is valued
- Knowledge of the Simpcw First Nations community is valued
What we offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Positive and collaborative team
- Meaningful work
Note: Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing may be required
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Thank you for your interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry as per Canada’s Human Rights Act and legislation surrounding Employment Equity.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to HR@SimpcwResourcesGroup.com with the Subject Line: Pipeline Maintenance Manager