Located in the North Thompson valley, at Simpcw Resources Group we provide environmental, management, and operational services while preserving Simpcw culture and heritage with respect towards the environment. Our goals include creating economic growth from the commercial development of natural resources within the Simpcw'ulécw (Simpcw Territory) by being the major contractor and competing for work in both the public and private sectors.
Simpcw Resources LLP is growing rapidly and looking for a dependable and enthusiastic Pipeline Maintenance Labourer to join our Pipeline Maintenance team. The Labourer will report to the Lead hand or Foreman and perform work outside in all weather conditions. The ideal labourer will be able to work outdoors alongside other crew members to complete field related projects and tasks such as pipeline maintenance and integrity digs.
- Operate hand and power tools.
- Maintain the area around pipelines.
- Loading and unloading materials.
- Cleaning and preparing sites.
- Digging trenches.
- Assisting with pipeline repairs.
- Identify and report hazards or unsafe work practices.
- Fuel equipment when needed.
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in safely moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities.
- Participate in pre-job toolbox meetings to identify potential hazards and measures to eliminate or minimize them.
- Correct unsafe acts and bring unsafe conditions to the attention of the immediate supervisor.
- Return tools (clean) back to the proper area after the job is complete or at the end of the shift.
- Ensure the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment while performing tasks.
- Minimum secondary school education or equivalent.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a comparable role preferred.
- Physically capable of performing manual labour associated with pipeline construction.
- Sound knowledge of operations procedures, related codes, laws and regulations.
- Good interpersonal, communication and mechanical reasoning skills.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Flexibility to work shifts as required.
What we offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Positive and collaborative team
- Meaningful work
Note: Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing may be required
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Thank you for your interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry as per
Canada’s Human Rights Act and legislation surrounding Employment Equity. Please submit cover letter and resume via email to HR@SimpcwResourcesGroup.com with the Subject Line: Pipeline Maintenance Labourer