Reporting to the Pipeline Maintenance Superintendent, the Pipeline Maintenance Foreman isresponsible for managing and motivating workers to complete projects on schedule. The Foreman ensures that the crew complies with site rules and regulations while monitoring their work quality. They will also collaborate with the Pipeline Superintendent and Pipeline Maintenance Manager and may be required to work on the project site alongside the crew.
- Directs and coordinates internal crew members as well as subcontractors on site.
- Organizes and schedules labor, equipment, materials for site.
- Act as an intermediary between the crew and the Superintendent.
- Work with client representative to ensure work meets costs, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Ensures a safe environment at the workplace by monitoring and promoting safety culture.
- Ensures materials, equipment and labor are utilized efficiently and effectively.
- Ensures that deliveries to site are complete and in accordance with materials ordered.
- Managing the inspection process and attending and conducting progress meetings.
- Maintain daily paperwork, extra work orders, change orders and keep the Superintendent updated on important issues.
- Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings.
- Training crew members to meet work requirements and coordinates with them daily.
- Ensure project schedule and profitability are maintained.
- 5+ years’ experience in in the pipeline and/or civil works construction industry.
- 5 years work experience in site management.
- Understanding of equipment and machinery on a job site, equipment operation experience considered an asset.
- Computer experience with Microsoft office, e-mail, SharePoint
- Ability to work well under pressure and within timelines.
- Read and interpret documents like safety policies, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Write routine reports and correspondence