Located in the North Thompson valley, at Simpcw Resources Group we provide environmental, management, and operational services while preserving Simpcw culture and heritage with respect towards the environment. Our goals include creating economic growth from the commercial development of natural resources within the Simpcw'ulécw (Simpcw Territory) by being the major contractor and competing for work in both the public and private sectors.
Simpcw Resources LLP is growing rapidly and looking for a dependable and enthusiastic on-call OFA 3 Medic to join our team. Reporting to the Medic and Security Manager, the on-call OFA 3 Medic will support operations throughout the territory by providing medical response services.
- Administer immediate first aid and emergency medical care to as per established protocols.
- Assess the nature and extent of injuries or illnesses and provide appropriate medical treatment on-site.
- Record detailed and accurate medical incident reports, including treatment provided and patient information.
- Maintain and restock medical supplies and equipment to ensure readiness for any emergency.
- Collaborate with other safety personnel and staff to enhance overall safety and medical response effectiveness.
- Provide guidance and support in implementing safety measures and protocols at work sites and events.
- Communicate effectively with management and team members to keep them informed about incidents and medical requirements.
- Work in a respectful manner with all team members and corporate departments.
- Stay current with the latest medical best practices and procedures through regular training and skill enhancement programs.
- Participate in medical emergency response drills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid Occupational First Aid Level 3 (OFA3) certification.
- S-100/185 certifications, PCST considered an asset.
- Class 5 or Class 7 driving license with a clean driving record.
- Minimum 6 months of prior experience as a Medic or in a similar medical role.
- Must be physically fit and able to work in remote areas, in all weather conditions.
- Strong knowledge of first aid and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to remain calm and composed during emergencies.
- A proactive approach to safety and the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Previous experience with BC Wildfire and/or Trans Mountain considered an asset.
What we offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Positive and collaborative team
- Meaningful work
Note: Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing may be required
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Thank you for your interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry as per
Canada’s Human Rights Act and legislation surrounding Employment Equity.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to HR@SimpcwResourcesGroup.com with the Subject Line: OFA 3 Medic