Located in the North Thompson valley, at Simpcw Resources Group we provide environmental, management, and operational services while preserving Simpcw culture and heritage with respect towards the environment. Our goals include creating economic growth from the commercial development of natural resources within the Simpcw'ulécw (Simpcw Territory) by being the major contractor and competing for work in both the public and private sectors.
Simpcw Resources LLP is growing rapidly and looking for a dependable and enthusiastic Director of Commercial Ventures to join our team. Reporting to the CEO, The Director of Commercial Ventures will oversee commercial, retail and tourism enterprises including the Johnson Lake Resort, Teniye Market, and Barriere Timber Mart. They will add value to our growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing market efforts. They will keep up to date on trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to upper management.
- Oversee a team of in-house commercial venture managers.
- Developing and implementing commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Conducting market research and analysis to create detailed business plans for commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management.
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
- Adhere to timescales, costs, and resources for commercial ventures.
- Creating plans for each stage of a project.
- Negotiating with suppliers and contractors.
- Constantly and accurately monitor project progress, quality, and costs.
- Reporting regularly to executives about project progress.
- Responsible for the end-to-end management and successful completion of key projects by managing and overseeing the Project Management team.
- Creating the project vision and communicating it effectively to the team, outlining all deliverables and ensuring everyone understands what is expected of them.
- Ensure commercial governance.
- BSc/BA in business administration, finance, or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience as managing Commercial Ventures (5 – 10 years)
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
What we offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Positive and collaborative team
- Meaningful work
Note: Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing may be required
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Thank you for your interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry as per
Canada’s Human Rights Act and legislation surrounding Employment Equity.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to HR@SimpcwResourcesGroup.com with the Subject Line: Director of Commercial Ventures