Located in the North Thompson valley, at Simpcw Resources Group we provide environmental, management, and operational services while preserving Simpcw culture and heritage with respect towards the environment. Our goals include creating economic growth from the commercial development of natural resources within the Simpcw'ulécw (Simpcw Territory) by being the major contractor and competing for work in both the public and private sectors.
Simpcw Resources LLP is growing rapidly and looking for a dependable and enthusiastic Communications Generalist to join our Communications team. As a Communication Generalist, you will play a key role in enhancing our organization's communication efforts, both internally and externally. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact by effectively conveying our brand message and engaging with various stakeholders.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles, and strategies, and keep up to date with relevant developments.
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce a high-quality and error-free copy.
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Content Creation: Develop engaging and compelling content for a variety of channels, including but not limited to website, blog posts, social media, newsletters, and marketing materials for various projects and companies.
- Media Relations: Build and maintain positive relationships with media outlets, proactively pitching stories and responding to media inquiries to secure media coverage.
- Internal Communications: Facilitate internal communications to ensure employees are informed and engaged. This may include writing internal newsletters, organizing events, and supporting internal campaigns.
- Brand Management: Ensure consistency and adherence to brand guidelines across all communication channels and materials.
- Event Support: Assist in the planning and execution of promotional events, conferences, and other related activities.
- Crisis Communication: Be a part of the crisis communication team and assist in crafting appropriate messaging during challenging situations.
- Market Research: Stay up to date with industry trends, conduct market research, and provide insights to optimize communication strategies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to craft clear, concise, and impactful messages.
- Demonstrated experience in media relations and successful media outreach.
- Knowledge of brand management principles and the ability to maintain brand consistency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- A creative mindset with the ability to think outside the box and come up with innovative communication ideas.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Proven networking expertise.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
What we offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Positive and collaborative team
- Meaningful work
Note: Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing may be required
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Thank you for your interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry as per
Canada’s Human Rights Act and legislation surrounding Employment Equity.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to HR@SimpcwResourcesGroup.com with the Subject Line: Communications Generalist