Located in the North Thompson valley, at Simpcw Resources Group we provide environmental, management, and operational services while preserving Simpcw culture and heritage with respect towards the environment. Our goals include creating economic growth from the commercial development of natural resources within the Simpcw'ulécw (Simpcw Territory) by being the major contractor and competing for work in both the public and private sectors.
Simpcw Resources LLP is growing rapidly and looking for a dependable and enthusiastic Receptionist to join our team. The Receptionist will complete general office procedures; mail/fax processing; receives office visitors; answers inquiries by telephone; and takes telephone messages when staff members are not available.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures and Oath of Confidentiality.
- Multi-Switchboard Operations; Answer incoming calls; telephone messages, screen calls and direct calls to appropriate destination.
- Receiving office visitors and company officials, greeting visitors ascertaining their business and escorting or placing them in contact with the appropriate staff member.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/emails; and photocopy necessary documents for distribute to the appropriate department.
- Prepare weekly notice and/or monthly notice.
- Operate office equipment i.e., photocopier, computer, fax, calculator, etc.
- Type basic correspondence: letters, memos, and notices.
- Preparation of Courier packages.
- Maintain bookings of Boardroom.
- Ordering and maintaining of sundries and office supplies.
- Assist in keeping a clean front area, with provision of coffee services for guests.
- Good public relation skills and ability to communicate effectively and work as a team member.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge and experience in developing professional correspondence, reports and taking minutes.
- Experience with general office procedures.
- Knowledge of computes and usage.
- Ability and experience operating basic office equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of the company and external contacts.
- Diplomacy, tact, and confidentiality in dealing with a variety of people and information.
- Reliability and dependability.
- Self-motivated and initiative are mandatory because of general supervision.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Flexibility is a must to adapt to changing work priorities.
- Good judgement must be exercise at all times.
- Continuous learning.
What we offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Positive and collaborative team
- Meaningful work
Note: Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing may be required
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Thank you for your interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry as per
Canada’s Human Rights Act and legislation surrounding Employment Equity.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to HR@SimpcwResourcesGroup.com with the Subject Line: Receptionist