As part of the Finance team, the Project Accountant will work closely with Senior Accountants and other Finance department staff to process accurate and timely accounting data in a fast-paced, dynamic, project focused environment. Explorer Eclipse, a paperless fully integrated accounting and project management software designed for the construction industry, is utilized to manage all finance functions.
- Collaborating with project managers on the issuance of invoices in accordance with contractual agreements.
- Oversight project revenue, expenses, and accounts receivable; supports payment collection and reports on overdue balances to project management team.
- Assist with month-end activities such as bank deposits, reconciliations, journal entries, etc.
- Tracking and administration of fuel inventory, prepaid expenses, daily cash receipts and reoccurring journal entries.
- Assisting project managers with the navigating of the ERP system including running reports and general guidance.
- Collaborating with the finance team to support the monthly forecasting process
- Issuing purchase orders as required.
- Ensure compliance with payables entries into accounting system.
- General ad hoc support to project managers, vendors, and customers as needed.
- Migration of operational and billing information and documents from current software into HCSS program.
- Adherence to SRLLP policies and procedures.
- Other accounting duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project-based accounting, preferably with a high level of experience in invoicing and payables.
- CPA designation is considered an asset.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking.
- Ability to respond to multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong computer skills with experience utilizing an ERP system. (Explorer Eclipse experience is an asset)
- Experience working with First Nations people is valued.
- Knowledge of the Simpcw First Nations community is valued.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to engage in critical thinking
- Ability to respond to multiple and changing priorities
- Strong Computer Skills with experience utilizing an ERP system (Explorer Eclipse experience is an asset)
- Experience working with First Nations people is valued
- Knowledge of the Simpcw First Nations Community is valued