Located in the North Thompson valley, at Simpcw Resources Group we provide environmental, management, and operational services while preserving Simpcw culture and heritage with respect towards the environment. Our goals include creating economic growth from the commercial development of natural resources within the Simpcw'ulécw (Simpcw Territory) by being the major contractor and competing for work in both the public and private sectors.
Reporting to the Forestry Manager and at times the Environmental manager, the Operations Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision and coordination of contractor logging, road construction, road deactivation, site prep and other related operations to ensure that production, quality, environmental and legal requirements are met safely and cost-effectively.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of contractor preworks.
- Conduct routine field inspections and document as per company requirements.
- Coordinate and supervise road construction/deactivation projects.
- Complete harvest inspections focused on consistency with approved operational plans and log quality.
- Complete Road Inspections and identify Road Maintenance requirements.
- Culvert delivery
- Coordinate and inspect Site Prep activities.
- Schedule project priorities with multiple Managers.
- Instruct workers in safety, recognize unsafe work conditions, and modify work procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of Log quality and vendor sorts.
- Experience with Forestry road building, deactivation and rehabilitation.
- Member of Forest Professionals BC (FPBC) considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar capacity.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Physically fit and willing to work in a challenging outdoor environment in all conditions.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, other field-based software and iPad’s, are essential.
- Proven understanding and use of operational plans and maps.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships in a team environment.
- Perceptive and ability to implement requests at short notice.
- Ability to manage data and files efficiently and effectively.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, multitask, and manage time.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with First Nations people is valued.
- Knowledge of the Simpcw First Nations community is valued.
What we offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Positive and collaborative team
- Meaningful work
Note: Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing may be required
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Thank you for your interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry as per
Canada’s Human Rights Act and legislation surrounding Employment Equity.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to HR@SimpcwResourcesGroup.com with the Subject Line: Operations Supervisor