Located in the North Thompson valley, at Simpcw Resources Group we provide environmental, management, and operational services while preserving Simpcw culture and heritage with respect towards the environment. Our goals include creating economic growth from the commercial development of natural resources within the Simpcw'ulécw (Simpcw Territory) by being the major contractor and competing for work in both the public and private sectors.
Simpcw Resources LLP are looking for dependable and enthusiastic HSE Coordinators to be responsible for various health and safety activities and able to assume responsibilities in the event the HSE Manager is away, unavailable, or requires additional assistance. The HSE Coordinators will support the execution and implementation of a diverse range of health, safety, and environmental services for but not limited to pipeline construction, maintenance, steep slope environments, integrity digs, logging, and aggregate.
- Acts as a safety champion, promotes a positive safety culture visible in all levels, office or in field.
- Engage with all organization levels from strategy through to implementation.
- Influence and motivate a variety of people to ensure commitment to the overall HSE program.
- Provide direction and guidance to all employees on HSE issues within the workplace.
- Support project teams with the implementation and management of the HSE program.
- Acquire clear competence, understanding and execution in project specific HSE program requirements.
- Conduct and participate in safety audits, inspections, toolbox talks and field level hazard assessments and completing hazard assessments on processes and projects.
- Assist with incident investigations, ensuring proper root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
- Participate in the development of safe work practices and procedures.
- Provide new employee and site-specific orientations.
- Train workers on company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Conduct hazard assessments on processes and projects.
- Develop and or support development of emergency response plans.
- Assist in the planning and start-up of new projects with respect to site-specific safety plans.
- Participate in and coordinate HSE initiatives and promote continuous improvement in the field of HSE.
- Monitor subcontractor compliance with HSE program.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive HSE work environment through coaching and mentoring.
- Monitor, assess and ensure work is accordance with applicable health and safety laws.
- Support workplace injury accommodation and return-to-work efforts.
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety (degree, diploma, certificate) is an asset.
- Combination of both education and 3 years’ field experience in similar role.
- Intermediate user level in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher.
- Creates an environment in which employees are looking to the HSE Department for assistance, guidance, and solutions.
- Collaborates, coordinates, and communicates with others effectively.
- Knowledgeable in documentation creation and standardization.
- Familiar with Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) legislation.
- Basic knowledge of EHS Management Systems.
- Accuracy and a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain records to generate ad hoc requests quickly and efficiently.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
- Flexible to work long hours, out of town for extended period periods when required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Positive and collaborative team
- Meaningful work
Note: Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing may be required
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Thank you for your interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry as per
Canada’s Human Rights Act and legislation surrounding Employment Equity. Please submit cover letter and resume via email to HR@SimpcwResourcesGroup.com with the Subject Line: HSE Coordinator