Located in the North Thompson valley, at Simpcw Resources Group we provide environmental, management, and operational services while preserving Simpcw culture and heritage with respect towards the environment. Our goals include creating economic growth from the commercial development of natural resources within the Simpcw'ulécw (Simpcw Territory) by being the major contractor and competing for work in both the public and private sectors.
Simpcw Resources LLP is growing rapidly and looking for a dependable and enthusiastic Hay Rancher to join our team. The Hay Ranger will be responsible for the following:
- Manage staff under their supervision including summer students
- Manage and conduct the baling, hauling, advertising, and selling of hay
- Prepare harvest products for transportation, balancing efficient module volume with acceptable quality standards for pick-up
- Prepare the farm for opening in the fall, including planting mums, painting, baling straw, and cleaning.
- Mix specific materials or chemicals and dump solutions, powders or seeds into planters, and sprayers.
- Clean, grade, and package crops for marketing.
- Install and shift irrigation systems to irrigate fields evenly or according to crop needs
- Destroy diseased or superfluous crops.
- Monitor crops as they grow in order to ensure that they are growing properly and are free from diseases and contaminants.
- Perform crop production duties such as planning, tilling, planting, fertilizing, cultivating, spraying, and harvesting.
- Plan crop activities based on factors such as crop maturity and weather conditions.
- Select and purchase supplies and equipment such as seed, fertilizers, and farm machinery.
- Set up and operate farm machinery to cultivate, harvest, and haul crops.
- Train, and direct workers engaged in planting, cultivating, irrigating, harvesting, and marketing crops.
- Lubricate, adjust, and make minor repairs to farm equipment, using oilcans, grease guns, and hand tools
- Operate powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, snow blowers, chainsaws, electric clippers, pruning saws and edgers.
- Maintain facilities such as fencing, water supplies, and outdoor housing and wind shelters.
- Previous experience in agricultural considered an asset
- 2 years experience in ranch activities
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Repair and Maintenance skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repetitively
- Ability to work in a safety sensitive environment
What we offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Positive and collaborative team
- Meaningful work
Note: Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing may be required
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Thank you for your interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry as per
Canada’s Human Rights Act and legislation surrounding Employment Equity.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to HR@SimpcwResourcesGroup.com with the Subject Line: Hay Rancher